Friday, June 3, 2011

My Summer Essentials

I was reading Candace's blog and got inspired to do my own version. Here's hers: http://pinkhoneybeee.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-summer-essentials.html

So in a random order, here are some of my summer essentials. I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something, but hey, my mind's on summer vacation.



I LOVE WEDGES! All kinds. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.


These work so well. Especially with my thick hair. Usually in the summer I like beachy waves. But these are a nice twist (get it?) to just used a hair elastic. You can do some really nice updos with these too. Maybe I'll do a video on it...



Of courseee you need a super cute towel in the summer. At least I do. I use it mostly for tanning. Haha.

My point in this picture was the sunglasses. I love that design. I can't pull off aviators. But sunglasses are an essential item in the summer. Especially while tanning. Love this picture.



So I used to have people warn me about this and tell me it doesn't work and it turns your hair red. Which I totally understand because the bottle itself says it'll turn your hair red if you have brown hair. But I use it. And I love it. And it doesn't turn my hair red. It gives me highlights. And I love it. I've never had my hair colored so this product is a lifesaver.

Clothing preference for the summer. Summer Chic. Especially love sundresses. =)



I think we all know that water is an essential. Let's not get dehydrated!

Growing up (middle and high school) I would only use neon pink nail polish on my toes. Now I like my toes to have a French manicure (see how mature I've become?). But really, I'm loving all brights for nailpolishes. =)

This is my favorite tanning oil. Yes, it's only SPF 4, but I think it's safe to use after you've built up a base tan. I tried baby oil a few times. It worked. But then I got some on my forehead by accident while playing beach volleyball and it looked like I had burnt (with a fire) my forehead. It was horrible. And embarrasing. But I learned my lesson.
I guess beach would be the essential shown here. But this is my favorite beach. It's my childhood beach. It's Milopotamos in Tsangarada (my village in Greece). So many memories here. This is love. This is what I live for. Honest.

I think I have a magazine obsession. I can't tan without a magazine. Is that weird? I just have to have at least two with me. And I actually like reading articles, not just flipping through pictures and ads. That way I get distracted and take my focus of how extremely hot and sweaty I am while tanning.

Favorite summer lotion. I love the scent. And it's good if you get burned or anything though too.



Favorite lip balm. Enough said.

This is my favorite drink right now. I'm sure I'll love it all summer too. Not necessarily this brand, just aloe drinks in general. And not the flavored kind, just plain aloe. You just have to watch out and make sure the sugar content isn't too high.

Every year I look forward to the Victoria's Secret Summer Catalog. I love looking at all the newest bathing suits. I think they're good quality, but I buy bathing suits at other places too. And yes, Adriana Lima is my favorite model.





I got my first camera for my 17th birthday. It was a pink Sony. I took it with me to the beach all the time. And then of course I took it with me to Greece in 2008. This year, for Christmas, I got the Sony Bloggie Touch. I love the camera, the sleekness, the easiness, etc. But I don't like the fact that I have to convert all my videos before editing and uploading to youtube.
I discovered this a couple years ago. I used it one summer because I felt like I needed the extra exfoaliating since I was tanning. Now I see it as just a summer scent and a summer body wash. Sometimes I use it in the winter because it reminds me of summer. I LOVE IT!



Okay so yes, I know I don't technically own this product yet. I just know I'll absolutely love it this summer. It's so easy to apply and will pretty much be the only product I need to apply while at the pool or the beach. Super excited for Cha-Cha Tint!

I love flip-flops all year round. But they're especially handy in summer.

My absolute favorite thing in the summer: fruit drinks. Of all kinds. Alcoholic and not. Pineapple's not really my favorite, but still, LOVE fruit drinks. =)




So I know this is old. And I couldn't exactly find a picture of what I'm talking about. But basically, you either put on a sticker, or draw in sharpie a design (I always did a heart) and while you're tanning, that one spot doesn't tan, so it looks like you have a tattoo. I loved doing that in high school. Haven't done it (since I haven't been tanning that much) lately. Maybe I'll do it this summer. It's just a nice way to show off your tan, because you can see the difference between when you started and after the tan.


*Note: None of these pictures are personal. They were all found online.


What are YOUR summer essentials??

1 comments:

PINKHONEYBEEE said...

Great picks love. I tried to follow your Blog, but can't find the follow button!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio